With the first month or so of being back to your college coming to an end soon, you may be starting to wonder when will it be over? Well, here’s a news flash, college is a lengthy process. If you want a degree, you’re looking at around four years at this place.
But have no fear!
Here’s a list of 7 things that can help you survive the rest of the semester.
- Your close friends. Over the course of my last semester, my friends were unbelievably supportive. They understood when I needed to stay in my dorm and work on a paper and when I was too stressed out to focus on doing any work. You definitely meet some of your best friends in college.
- Your man. Not everyone has a boyfriend, I know. But since I started dating my boyfriend in my second semester, he has been there for me at one in the morning when I needed help writing my final paper or had some sort of mental break down and just needed to talk. Boyfriends are great when you need to talk about things you don’t want to discuss with your girls.
- NETFLIX. Oh my gosh is this one of the biggest waste of time while simultaneously being the best thing invented yet. You can literally binge watch every season of all your favorite TV shows. Or have a movie marathon. Just make sure that you complete your assignments at some point, preferably before they are due.
- Your girls or guys. Here’s a group of people that know how to cheer you up and get your mind off of things when you need it. They’ll be there at ten in the morning to make cookies with you and eat chocolate.
- Your roomie. I get that not everyone is super close with their roommate. For me, I dormed with my best friend. We had rituals to wobble every Wednesday, have pasta dinners on Wednesday’s, taco Tuesday’s and trekked through a winter storms to stock up on food instead of going to the dining halls.
- Late night snacks and delivery. Nothing is better than ordering Chinese food or pizza at midnight. Or making a bag of popcorn in the microwave. Really just any type of midnight snack is a savior so stock up!
- Your family. Obviously your family had been one of your biggest fan clubs for years, literally since birth. No one can replace the friends that have no choice but to be there for you. Family by chance. Friends by choice.
There are plenty of other things that will help you to survive the semester. Dining halls that stay open late. Extended library hours during finals weeks. Study lounges. Club involvement. This list was just a few of the (mainly) people that will be there when you need it the most.