Needless to say, 2016 has been a crazy year. As for every other year that has come and gone there have been many up’s and down’s in 2016. Something that happens at the end of a year is people reflect back on all of the awful and terrible things that occurred in that year. Why must people have to focus on the negatives?
With that being said, here is a POSITIVE Reflection of 2016…
- The number of tigers is increasing as well as manatees, and pandas (who are no longer on the endangered list!).
- The Ice Bucket Challenge took the world by storm raising money for people with ALS.
- Child morality is decreasing (everywhere!)
- Pokemon Go
- There was a new breakthrough in science for treating Pancreatic cancer raising the survival rate from 16% to 27%.
- The world crime rate has decreased drastically in the past couple of decades.
- 50 million trees were planted in twenty four hours by volunteers in India.
- Science has made great improvements inn Alzheimer’s prevention.
- The ozone layer is beginning to repair itself after our efforts to get rid of aerosol chemicals being released into the air.
- Providing better health care for veterans.
- Harriet Tubman is going to replace Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill.
- Medically designed glasses have allowed people to see color for the first time.
- People survived cancer, overcame depression, anxiety,etc..
- Babies were born, families grew, coming together.
- Leonardo DiCaprio won an Oscar, finally.
- There’s a new Harry Potter book, movie, and Pokemon Go like game coming out.
- Finding Dory finally came out
- Deadpool, Captain America
- Significant others
Cheers to 2017!